× As we continue to combat the spread of COVID-19, LMCH has reopened its main office. Our hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The health and well-being of our tenants, our staff, community partners and volunteers is what matters the most. We’re here to help. Staff are available via telephone, email or through our website. Click here for more details.


There are many different kinds of affordable housing across London and Middlesex County. All applications for Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) housing must go through the Housing Access Centre.

The Housing Access Centre is an organization run by the City of London and is responsible for managing housing applications and waitlists. Our organizations are located at separate offices and we are not able to accept applications on their behalf.

How to Apply

The application process for Rent-Geared-to-Income begins with submitting your application to the Housing Access Centre (HAC).

The Housing Access Centre (HAC) accepts the applications and maintains a waiting list of applicants for all Rent-Geared-to-Income housing in London and Middlesex County. When you fill out an application, please select as many options that best suit your needs. If you require assistance filling out these forms, please visit the Housing Access Centre.

You can find the applications for Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing here. All applicants must fill out the Application for RGI Housing and the appropriate selection form that suits your housing needs.

The Housing Access Centre (HAC) reviews all applications and will determine whether an applicant is eligible for Rent-Geared-to-Income housing. Eligible applicants will be added to the waiting list.

After you Apply

The need for affordable housing is much greater than the number of available units. The wait time can vary and it is difficult to predict when a suitable unit will become available. It can depend on the housing providers, the unit that becomes vacant, the needs of the applicants and many other factors.
LMCH will contact you directly with an offer. Please keep your contact information up to date with the Housing Access Centre to ensure that your place on the waiting list is maintained.

If you are in need of immediate or emergency housing and would like to explore different options, click here.


What is Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing?

Rent-Geared-to-Income is rent that you pay based on your household gross monthly income.

What is Gross Monthly Income?

Gross Monthly Income is your income before taxes.

How do I Apply?

Visit Housing Access Centre
355 Wellington St. Suite 248 (second floor)

Or Online: https://www.london.ca/residents/Housing/Finding-Housing/Pages/Social-Housing.aspx

All applications must be completed and handed in to the Housing Access Centre (HAC). London & Middlesex Community Housing does not process any housing applications.

What if I need to change my Housing Application?

If any of your personal information has changed such as your address, phone number, selection of properties, or number of household members, you must contact the Housing Access Centre (HAC). Failure to do so may result in the disqualification of your application.

Where am I on the waitlist?

Information about your “place” or “number on the waitlist is not available. Where you stand relative to other applicants can vary from day to day, depending on your status and the status of incoming applications, your bedroom size requirement, and vacancies that may or may not come up in the buildings you have chosen. Where you are on the waitlist is not a question we can answer. The most important things you can do for yourself include: making sure that the Housing Access Centre has your most up-to-date contact information; making sure that you have chosen as many buildings as you can; making sure that you respond to any contact made by LMCH or the Housing Access Centre.

What if I am a post tenant and I owe arrears?

If you owe any money for arrears, including money for damages, you need to make arrangements to repay it back to the Housing Provider. You must have a signed repayment agreement in place before you can reapply for housing.

Where can I find emergency Housing?

Emergency shelters provide emergency housing. You can find a list of emergency shelters here

Do I need Insurance?

We recommend that all tenants purchase Tenant Insurance. This will help cover any damages to personal property and to protect tenants in the event of liability issues. Insurance is very important as it can protect you and your family in the event of fire, flood or theft. HSC Tenant Insurance Program offers low cost insurance and can even be covered through the Ontario Disability Program (ODSP) and Ontario Works (OW). Please contact your case worker for more information.

Have the locks been changed before I move in?

Prior to moving in, each unit has had a new set of locks installed at all entry doors.

Can I have a Pet?

You may have a pet but you are responsible for its behaviour. You must follow the City of London Pet Bylaws found here

Do I have to pay utilities?

Tenants living on a Family site are responsible for their own Hydro. Tenants who live in Apartment buildings have a $30.00 utility charge calculated onto their monthly calculation.